Click on the play button below to listen to the audio recording.
For more explanations on the following sentences below, please refer to the lesson, Pronouns (He, She) - 얘, 쟤, 걔.
- 얘 = He or She (This person)
- 쟤 = He or She (That person)
- 걔 = He or She (The person we're talking about who is not present here)
- 효민: 톰 안녕, 얘는 안나야
- Hyo-min: Hey, Tom. This (person) is Anna.
- 톰: 효민아 안녕. 안녕 안나, 만나서 반가워.
- Tom: Hey Hyo-min, Hi Anna, nice to meet you.
- 톰: 저기 대학빌딩 앞에 쟤는 누구야?
- Tom: Who is that (person) in front of the university building over there?
대학 = university
빌딩 = building
앞 = front
누구 = who
- 효민: 아, 쟤는 성준이야.
- Hyo-min: Well, that (person) is Sung-jun.
- 톰: 아, 그리고, 걔가 누구더라? 예전에 시티에서 같이 저녁 먹었던 애.
- Tom: Oh, right. And, who was that person (not present)? The guy we had a dinner together with in the city a while ago.
그리고 = and
예전 = before
시티 = city
같이 = together
저녁 = evening, dinner
애 = a guy/girl